Travelers Info: COVID-19
Our dear guests & friends,
We know very well how valuable holidays with friends and loved ones are. From June we are welcoming you back, putting into effect a detailed plan covering all levels of our operation. Our goal is to offer you the same quality of stay and experiences, adjusted regarding their practical side and adapted to our property’s peculiarities, so that safety is ensured for you and our team. The entire plan is being evaluated and updated daily, while below you will find the most important of our modifications.
Adjustments on our reservation policies
- Our Flexible pricelists are modified to a one-week (7 days) free cancellation period. The adjustment is also covering the already existing flexible reservations (that had been booked with a 21-day free cancellation period).
- The Non-flexible/Non-refundable reservations can be either postponed to a future date without any time frame, or transferred upon agreement to another person.
Please feel free to contact us directly at email@example.com for any modification or arrangement on your reservation with us.
Access & Location
For those of you visiting us by airplane, arriving at Thessaloniki’s International Airport (SKG), we recommend the car rental as a safer – in terms of hygiene – transportation means. Ktima Bellou is only a 2-hour drive away from the airport (1½ hour from the city centre).
We are located in an untouched region in nature, in between Olympus and the Pierian mountains, 3 km from Agios Dimitrios village and 9 km from Livadi. We offer 12, in total, rooms and we welcome a limited number of guests.
Covid & Hygiene Protocols
All hotel spaces and rooms are being ventilated in a natural way and each room has access to a balcony or patio.
Due to the climate, the ideal humidity conditions and our altitude at 900 m, air-conditioning is not required in the inner spaces and no guest rooms feature air-conditioning systems. All windows feature a protective net, while some of the rooms, depending on their orientation, are being equipped with a fan during summer months.
Our inner spaces cover 250 sq.m. and the necessary adjustments and furniture removals are being held so that the required distancing is secured. The entire estate, along with its cultivations, extends on 12 acres (45.000 sq.m.).
The majority of the rooms (Houses & Triple rooms) offer an additional private entrance and this way the contact with other guests in entrances and corridors is avoided.
Taking into account Hygiene Protocols of International and National Health Organizations, as well as those of private bodies and the official National guidelines for hotels, we have so far proceeded with the actions below, with an extended training of our staff as the first one. Temperature reading of all our staff members will be implemented as part of our daily routine.
- Reception & Concierge Services
- Adjustment to the check-in & check-out times based on the new greek government guidelines, at 11.00 and 15.00 respectively, so that a complete sterilization process can be carried out and the room has sufficient time to ventilate,
- Automation of a large part of check-in & check-out procedures,
- Room key sterilization,
- Guests luggage transfer, whenever required and wished by them, using single-use gloves and the necessary protective equipment.
- Cleaning & Housekeeping
Cleaning constitutes a fundamental pillar of Ktima Bellou services. In a period of a health crisis, though, the disinfection protocols are being strictly adjusted to the exceptional circumstances for the sake of guest and staff safety.
- establishing of single-use personal protective equipment (PPE) for our employees in all departments, differentiated depending on their duties,
- hand disinfection stations’ installation, as well as
- disinfection and sanitaton multiplication from our staff in all common hotel spaces,
- in the guest rooms: disinfection, as always, of all frequently used surfaces and “hidden” spots (handles, TV remote control, light switch buttons etc.), as well as all hard surfaces in the room, bathroom and outdoor furniture / replacement of all fabric cleaning equipment from room to room / use of special water vacuum cleaner (not air circulation vacuum cleaner) / frequent wash, but also application of dry sterilization steam of 180ºC on all textile surfaces and carpets upon every departure / removal of all printed material and books from all guest rooms / addition of personal disinfection amenities / optional housekeeping services during your stay.
- 300 times multiple UVC pulse radiation in each room before your arrival (as well as in all common areas at regular intervals), ensuring certified medical grade sterilization by 99,9999%,
- transfer of the used linen in a separate outdoor space, so that our staff does not have useless contact with it,
- linen washing with disinfectant laundry products.
Most probably, as environmentally conscious, you are aware that the disinfectant products cannot be ecological, as they also act against the beneficial microorganisms. The intensification of the disinfections further burdens the environment, yet we would like to assure you that by priority we choose disinfection products for which there has been no animal testing (Cruelty Free Certication) and have also been approved by the Vegan Society, provided that they meet all necessary hygiene specifications.
- F&B and Meals
- Οur kitchen staff operates with special disinfection protocols, protective equipment (special attire, gloves, masks) and food safety guidelines. The frequency of the disinfection procedures is being increased and we have standardized a stricter protocol to handle the restaurant’s used equipment for an immediate sanitation in the scullery department,
- Modification of the breakfast serving,
- Reduction of the number of tables and lengthening of their distance both indoors and outdoors,
- Disinfection of the restaurant menus after each use, but also option for your online update for our dishes through your own device,
- Adjustment of the food serving protocol by our staff,
- Where possible, prior reservation by the restaurant’s visitors, so that we schedule the maximum distancing between guests,
- Sanitation of each used table with special disinfection products.
- Pool area
- Apart from the established hygiene standards, the highest safety limits are being set in the water recirculation, filtering and chlorination – the relevant sampling is made.
- Sunloungers & sunchairs are placed in a distance of at least 2 meters per adjacent set.
- Disinfection on each sunlounger after each use, on the outdoor pool shower, as well as on the pool escalator handles.
Our first priority, as well as all Tourism entities’, is people and their safety. With a high sense of responsibility, but also much joy, we are looking forward to welcome you again. Behind our mask we will wear our widest smile!